Tuesday, March 28, 2006

sense of time...

i dun like to explain my project, or to present my ideas, and try to sell them. collin was dropping by my studio and saw the models i left on my tables. he asked me about my ideas and design...i was reluctant to explain. maybe because i hate to look back at what i've done and rationalize them in order to explain to other. maybe i'm so into the process of design that i can only tell u what i am doing now. i can't tell u what i did to reach this stage, but i did something. something that i've learnt and explored. something i discovered about myself through design. no matter if its knowing the meaning of my architecture, knowing how far i can go with an idea, knowing how much i can immerse into the process of design , or learning new things about myself.
there are times when i walked ard studio and see what other studios are doing, and i was compelled to compare what i;m doing with the rest. maninly to compare the different sense of time. the rest are much faster than me, and way ahead at production as compared to me. i guess the process of design is just a materialized manifestation of what i'm thinking, learning and exploring. its 9 more days to submission and i'm still designing. i'm still designing the handrails of the individual units of my hostel, and i'm enjoying it. maybe i can;t finish my production on time, maybe i'll not sleep for 2-3 days prior to submission, but i think i need to do what i want to do. i'll only stop when its too late to stop.
now back to study for urban design test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home